Samsung’s leading Galaxy S8 is known to be the best Android smartphone currently available in the market. The Chinese phone maker Xiaomi is planning to officially launch Mi 6 in China on April 28. The most interesting thing between both devices is Mi 6 will costs only half as much as Samsung’s S8, though both devices have the same processor. Let’s compare both of these devices to pick your own choice.
Let’s check how Mi 6 stacks up against Samsung’s flagship S8:-
Both devices have lot of similarities in the features. The Mi 6 is of 168g and the galaxy S8 weights just 152g. The Samsung smartphone has the latest corning gorilla glass 5 for protection. The Mi 6 comes with a older generation of gorilla glass 4.
The Xiaomi Mi 6 design is not that attractive comparatively to galaxy S8 looks. The S8 has a stunning edge-to-edge revolutionary display and has no room for a physical home button also the galaxy S8’s display covers nearly 83% of the front panel.
Display of Mi 6 and Samsung’s S8:-
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is paked with 5.8-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display with 2960 x 1440 resolution and the screen is curved on both sides, while Xiaomi Mi 6, on the other hand, supports a 5.15-inch IPS LCD full HD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and user can automatically adjust down the brightness to reduce eye strain.
Processor of Mi 6 and Samsung’s S8:-
Both of these phones in India edition support octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset with 2.45GHz clock speed and Adreno 540 GPU.
Storage of Mi 6 and Samsung’s S8:-
- The Mi 6 has 6GB RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage but there is no memory card slot.
- The Galaxy S8 feature 4GB RAM and 64GB of built-in storage and also supports microSD card slot to expand the storage up to 256GB.
Camera comparison between Mi 6 VS S8:
- The Galaxy S8 is packed with 12-megapixel Dual Pixel main camera with optical image stabilization and f/1.7 aperture and S8 has an 8MP front camera with autofocus. The main camera is the same as last year’s Galaxy S7, though Samsung has enhanced the post-processing software to yield better results.
- The Xiaomi Mi 6 is packed with dual-camera setup on the back. It has a 12MP telephoto lens and a 12MP wide-angle lens. It sports 8-megapixel front camera. Xiaomi claims the Mi 6 dual-camera offers 10x digital zoom and 2x optical zoom. You can use the Mi 6’s dual-camera system to take pictures with professional-looking bokeh effects, similar to the iPhone 7 Plus.
The Mi 6 has a bigger battery than S8, it comes with a 3,350mAh battery where else Samsung’s S8 comes with a 3,000mAh battery.
You can experience wireless charging and fast charging with S8 technology, on the other hand Mi6 only supports fast charging through Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
More features to compare:-
- The Galaxy S8 features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and has a facial recognition for additional security.
- The Mi 6 comes with an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for authentication and security.
- The Mi 6 has discarded the 3.5mm headphone jack. Xiaomi’s device has a stereo speaker system while the S8 features a mono speaker.
- Both of the smartphones offer 4G LTE, USB Type-C port for charging and data syncing, and dual-SIM functionality and run on Android Nougat.
Mi 6 VS Galaxy S8 : Price:-
The Xiaomi Mi 6 costs in India may be starting at Rs. 26,999 and the price of the Galaxy S8 is Rs.57, 999. There is huge difference in the price between both the smartphones. The Xiaomi Mi 6 is packed with remarkable features especially considering it costs only half as much as the Galaxy S8. However, impressive specs may not always mean outstanding performance.
If you looking for pocket budget, you know which smartphone to pick, as Xiaomi has positioned itself as a flagship-killer through It smartphone launches with high-end features that cost only about half as much as competing devices. Whereas Samsung S8 is old school when it comes to well establishment in the smartphone market but some extra edge features will demand some extra money from your pocket.