Fitbit, a US-based company well known for its wide range of fitness tracker devices launched another device called the ‘FitbitCharge 2’. Being one of the pioneers in the field of wearable activity tracker around the world . Last year, Fitbit entered Indian market with a wide variety of devices like Zip, Flex, Charge HR and Surge with the price range starting from Rs. 4000 to Rs. 19,900.
Unlike its predecessor ‘Fitbit Charge HR’ , the new improved Charge 2 comes with a bigger screen and more advanced heart rate monitoring system priced at Rs.14,999. Initially it was only sold online exclusively on Amazon.in, now it is also available online as well as offline at major Indian retails outlets.
The Fitbit Charge 2 comes with all the basic features similar to the Charge HR like keeping track of all activity tracking like steps, distance, floor climbed, calorie burn, sleep duration, silent alarms only they have got smarter. One of the key feature is the ‘PurePulse heart’ rate feature which tracks heart rate during various activities and tracks better calorie burn.
To sum it up, below are the new features in Charge 2 to look out for:
- 5X larger screen for a better display
- Long battery life which lasts for upto 5 days
- Interchangeable fitness bands available in black, blue, plum, or teal colours
- Cardio fitness tracker for an enhanced exercise experience
- Connected GPS, helps in tracking real-time stats like pace and distance
- Reminder to move, it helps you to stay active all day and sends reminders to move.
- Multi- sport mode which tracks various activities like running, weights, yoga, biking.
- Guided breathing session feature for a personalized breathing session.
- Smart notifications like call, text, calendar alerts and customised clock faces
Like the earlier products by Fitbit charge 2 is also water resistant but not waterproof means it can’t be used in activities like swimming. This can be good companion for measuring and maintaining fitness.